Top 25 Data Entry Jobs from Home Online/Offline: No Investment

Data Entry jobs are really great for people who are low qualified and want to work from home. Whether you are a housewife, a retired person or just a person keen to work from home, data entry jobs are the way to go.

Data Entry jobs are very diverse and a data entry worker needs to specialize in one given domain.

data entry jobs

After reading this article you will get to know different types of data entry jobs and remunerations depending upon the type of work.

As you know there isn’t any educational qualification required for a data entry work.

But you need to acquire certain basic skills like typing speed of 25-30 WPM (words per minute), able to read Basic English and browsing internet.

25 Offline & Online Data Entry Jobs

Let us see different kinds of data entry jobs one by one. You can work on any data entry job depending upon your skills, tme

Regular Data Entry Jobs

The first category is regular data entry jobs which are very common and you need typing speed of 20 to 30 WPM at least.

1. Plain Data Entry Jobs

Plain data entry work involves typing words into MS word file. Here, apart from typing speed you also need good reading and writing skills in English.

You have to read from a PDF document and write it into a Word document. You can get paid Rs 10 to Rs 20 per page in this type of data entry job.

We provide you the sources & other tips to find these types of data entry jobs once you signup.

2. Other Basic Typing Jobs

The job is very simple and not technical at all. You can get paid Rs 50 to Rs 100 per hour depending upon the speed and accuracy.

3. Word Processor or Typist

Here the work is a bit more technical. You need to create letters, mailing labels, reports etc. You must have good grammar skills as well as vocabulary.

You also have to work with technical stuff like creating charts, graphs and tables. Usually you need a training for this kind of data entry work.

4. Cleaning of Data

Also known as data cleansing or data scrubbing where you detect and remove (or correct) erroneous data from a table or a database.

It can be a Word File or an Excel spreadsheet.

For regular data entry jobs you get paid according to your experience and accuracy. Just check this post to find these types of data entry jobs.

Online Data Entry Jobs

Here are 2 Best online data entry jobs that you can do from home. Online form filling & paid surveys are 2 best jobs. You can subscribe to SureJob to get these types of jobs directly in your email.

5. Online Form Filling

Here you will be given online form and huge data separately. You have to enter the value from the database into each field in the online form very carefully.

You have to pay attention in this data entry work so that you don’t fill up wrong field with wrong data.

6. Online Survey Job

You have to answer few simple questionnaires and fill up the survey forms. You can fill up a survey form in 5 minutes to 15 minutes depending upon the length of questionnaires.

Companies need to know customers feedback so they ask you to fill these forms. Signup with 20 best online surveys sites here.

You can make good money with form filling  & online survey data entry jobs both. If you want more similar jobs then you can check our most popular list of 14 online jobs.

Micro Jobs

Micro Jobs are relatively new compared to other forms of data entry jobs.

7. Captcha Entry Jobs

As you know Captchas are images containing texts, number or alphanumeric data used to fill in a field given below. You have to solve hundreds of Captchas every single day.

It is very simple. You can check top 10 Captcha entry sites here which provide you this opportunity.

8. Copy & Paste Jobs

Here you copy data from one file and paste it to another. Basically it will be a word document or excel spreadsheet.

You don’t have to type much but you have to read a lot hence knowledge of English is important.

9. Captioning

Captioning is more advanced because here you write headings and captions for news headline or an image. This job is required by media industry like News channel.

Captioning jobs are very rare to find.

Micro Jobs like Captcha solving is not well paid. So don’t take it if you want to be a serious data entry worker.

Data Formatting Jobs

Formatting jobs are also considered as data entry work but here you type less and format more.

10. Re Formatting and Correction

Normally formatting jobs include formatting a word document like aligning paragraphs, indentation, fonts etc.

You also have to format a long form which contains various fields like Name, Email ID, Address, Phone No etc.

Here typing work is less but you need to know every rule about formatting.

11. Formatting and Editing Job

Here you have to have good knowledge of English because you will not only correct spelling mistakes but also grammar.

You also need editing skills in which you have to reformat an entire document.

Formatting jobs are more about knowledge of English and grammar over typing skills.

Converting Files

Converting Files from one form to another is just like regular data entry jobs but with a difference. Here you have to convert an image or audio file into a Word document.

12. Image to Text Data Entry

You will be given an image which is a screenshot containing written paragraphs. You have to read from images and write it down on a Word document.

One thing you need to remember is the words are not simple English but difficult medical terminology that you haven’t heard before.

13. Audio to Text

You will listen an audio and reproduce it into a text format. Audio to text data entry job is bit advance because you need really great listening skills hence not for everyone.

Moreover, your English must be really great so you can understand every single word.

For beginners, I recommend image to text data entry work. Here you earn more than regular data entry work.

Transcription Jobs

Transcription jobs are one of the most difficult form of data entry jobs.

14. Medical Transcriptionist

The most common transcription job is medical transcriptionist. Here you listen recorded audio files and write it down word by word in a word document.

Here you have to be familiar with advanced medical terminology. You also must have great listening and shorthand writing skills.

15. Medical Coding

Medical coding is bit different than transcription job. Medical coding is transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services into alphanumeric codes.

This type of job is very rare.

Medical Transcriptionist job is highly paid among all other forms of data entry jobs.

Misc Online Data Entry Jobs

Online data entry jobs are bunch of jobs that are dedicated to Internet.

16. Online Data Capturing Job

You have to capture data from various internet publications such as e-magazines and eBooks. Here you need good English skills.

17. Email Processing

This is one of the high paid data entry job. Here you process hundreds of emails daily to find out their content and make a list in an Excel spreadsheet.

You must be able to process thousands of email and categorize it. It is more than regular typing.

18. Updating Database

Here you update existing database and create new ones online. These database contains various fields like Name, Phone no, email ID, address etc for various industries.

Misc Online data entry jobs are for part time seeker.

Data Entry Keyer

Here you generally enter data into a software like CRM. Following are Data Entry Keyer jobs.

19. Catalog Data Entry Operator

Catalog Data entry operator read from database and fill into online or offline software. You enter various fields like product name, code no, expiry date, price etc.

20. Payroll Data Entry Operator

This is very common data entry keyer job. Here you enter the employee name, payment details, allowances etc.

21. Entering Data into Web Based System

In this data entry job, you enter data into a web based system from different kinds of product catalogues.

You have to read documents pertaining to legal departments or insurance claims and write it down into a word document or an excel spreadsheet.

You can also be asked to enter automobile registration number, owner’s name, contact details etc.

Data Entry Keyer jobs are mainly offline rather online.

Data Entry Clerks

Data entry clerks are also quite similar to the Data Entry Keyer’s job. Here are two examples of data entry clerk’s job.

22. Hospitals

You enter details like patient notes, hospital records, accident reports etc into an Excel spreadsheet or particular software present on the LAN.

23. Municipal

Here you enter into municipal records details like birth records, legal documents, town records etc.

This type of data entry work is offline and full time from 9 to 5.

Writing Jobs

Writing jobs are exactly not similar to data entry work but they are kind of data entry job. But here you don’t type blindly.

24. Content Writing

You can write content for various sites and bloggers. You need to write article of various length and submit it to the blogger or site owner.

25. Copywriting

Similarly copywriting is about writing ads.

The difference between other data entry jobs and writing jobs is writing is more creative and you need to have some experience in writing.

Extra Customized Data Entry Jobs

Finally there are many customized data entry jobs where you have to work according to the training given by your hirer.

You will be trained for a particular type of work and asked to enter data likewise.

Such jobs are available offline where you have to go out of home and work.

Hence you can choose any one of above mentioned data entry jobs and specialize in it.

1. revathi on October 6, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Hi, I would like to do part time job online data entry its, form filling, medical coding etc., pls instruction me how to start data entry job in online

2. Nilima Mishra on October 4, 2017 at 12:46 am

Sir I m very interested in home based data entry work…. I need a home based job.. I have laptop at home and wifi connection also. I can work freely.

3. Jaswinder Singh on October 3, 2017 at 10:08 pm

I have very low financial status which is not sufficient for my family and for the further studies of children. I hope surejob.com can help.

4. Dinkar B on October 3, 2017 at 2:46 pm

good information.

5. Hemanth Kumar BN on October 2, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Hello I m interested in data entry jobs I have high speed accuracy in typing skills. Give me information about how join

6. Eds Sangga on October 2, 2017 at 6:17 am

hello. Fiverr and Upwork became known so there is a lot of competition. I am new so how could I gain a gig. I write but I wanna be a copy writer.

7. pavan kumar on October 1, 2017 at 11:46 am

mene hindi typing ka course kiya hua hai muge data entry ka kam chahiya kirpya help kigiya

8. Niaz M. Khan on September 30, 2017 at 7:19 pm

I am interested in data entry or similar jobs. I have more than 30 years of experience in typing jobs. I am about to retire but will have tough time to run activities beyond my own family such as helping others in running their families, some social activities, etc. Kindly provide me link of organizations looking for worker like me.

9. shanmuganathan bv on September 29, 2017 at 6:01 pm

I have already completed only free jobs 1) form filling 2) copy paste job @ 10+10 data entry /day in two free job sites, but finally, they asked me to wait for 10 days after completion of my paid jobs. It is now more than 10 days they have not replied anything but on the site, certain mistakes were given and underscored by the red line, cannot be corrected. I think this site is for their income through advertisements only. For which they have given the terms for 30 days with 98% accuracy. I think this is a fake site only.
    I trust SureJob. Now I request you to recommend secured and genuine 100% free site for the above jobs.

10. Madushani on September 28, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I am a student and searching for a data entry job or a typing job to my college fees and to support my family financially. I believe that surejob website can help me

11. Harjeet Singh on September 28, 2017 at 8:30 am

I am having 60 w.p.m. typing speed and I am having more than 20 years experience in the data entry work.

12. anil sharma on September 28, 2017 at 7:00 am

Hai I am interested part time data entry jobs. I am a degree holder and 5year experience in receptionist at hospital. So if you give me jobs I am very very thanks to you.
    anil sharma
    9796646566

13. Md.Wahidur Rahman on September 27, 2017 at 8:45 pm

hello, I’m from Bangladesh and trying to work .please instructed me for next step .
    Thanks…

14. Md.Wahidur Rahman on September 27, 2017 at 8:32 pm

i want to be part of the data entry job, seriously. I have observed that you are credible to deal with. This is key in such an engagement.

15. m.siddique shaikh on September 27, 2017 at 5:28 pm

i found sure job very fantastic as they are’nt fake and do not charges any ragestarationfee ,iwish to join it very soon..
    ….siddique shaikh

16. Ramachandra on September 26, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Dear sir,
    I am working in private sector as accountant Please provide me full detail online form filling jobs and offline data entry jobs.i can do it .

17. SUHAIMA .MK on September 26, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Iam interested in this job.Especially data typing job.Iam compleated Data entry operating course under the ASAP .I want data entry job from home.I have laptop with net work connection.

18. Jim Roberts on September 26, 2017 at 3:17 pm

I am looking for a legitimate (no upfront fees) work from home position. I am an excellent typist and data entry person. I have excellent knowledge of the English language and am proficient in proofreading. Please send any legitimate typing, data entry, or proofreading jobs to me for evaluation and application. Thank you!

19. syedazher on September 26, 2017 at 12:33 pm

2. Other Basic Typing Jobs: Other basic typing jobs can be working with Excel Spreadsheet. Here you just have to fill cells with data. You really do not require to know about formulas and other technical stuff.

The job is very simple and not technical at all.

i love to take a part in this.

20. aarti on September 26, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Dear sir I am Aarti Naik i want typing job from online my typing speed is very good I am convent student but don’t send in cursive if you will send in plain English typing it will be better to type send me the work in PDF file i will type in ms word and will send you by my email

21. Binal on September 26, 2017 at 11:58 am

Respected sir

Thanks for providing these types of home based job and I am interested to do online data entry , please give me further information to joining this job..
    Thanking you..

22. faiyaz khan on September 7, 2017 at 11:32 pm

hi to every one, i require lot of person to do work from home who have knowledge of science from 6th standard to 10th standard and also have good typing speed, plz call me to take the assignment and earn money without investment. call:9289367340

23. Praseela A on September 6, 2017 at 9:51 am

I am a VRS opted person, having working experience in two corporate companies. I have very good accurate english typing speed. Need a job full time for simple data entry job in kolkata urgently.

24. Sruthi J on September 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

i have studying completed B.E(ECE) in E.S Engineering college at villupuram .i want data entry job

25. manish kumar maurya on September 5, 2017 at 2:42 pm

I want to be part of the data entry job, seriously. I have observed that you are credible to deal with. This is key in such an engagement.

26. Saheb Rahman on September 5, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Sir,
    i’m Saheb Rahman from India,West Bengal.Now i working under CA firm “Agarwal Nyoliwala Dalmia & Co. I know under this working:All type entry in Tally ERP9 (Like Slaes Bill,purchase Bill, BRS & etc.), ITR,VAT,Internal Audit & etc.Now i looking a part time accountant job.i read your job information so i interested in your data entry work. if you send me a mail of your data entry process. i will contact you soon.

27. Binita on September 2, 2017 at 11:28 am

I want Plain Data Entry Jobs from home. I am interested part time data entry jobs. I am a degree holder and 1year experience in it field. So if you give me jobs I am very very thanks to you.

28. kowsalya on August 28, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Iam IT feild iam engeeneyaring student i want to stabuluze my financil

29. Shaziya taj on August 28, 2017 at 9:40 am

Thnx for providing these types of home based job and I am interested to do regular data entry jobs plz give me further information to joining this job..Thanking you..

30. Ashish on August 27, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I am post graduate but I am unemployed.
    I have degree of computer course.
    please help me for data entry jobs.

31. manish nirmal on August 27, 2017 at 9:45 am

hy krishna sir mujhe bhi aapki ish company me job ki opportunity chaiye mai up ke fatehpur se hu please……

32. annu on August 25, 2017 at 11:48 am

hello sir am annu am interested offline date entry job
    and i have clear CPCT exam

33. dipanshu Kumar on August 22, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Sir my name is dipanshu I am really interested to do part type job related to any type of data entry work I know this kind of work so plz give me the opportunity to do

34. Prinson on August 20, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I’m Prinson as I’m interested with this data entry job …..and I have all needed things for the data entry…so I kindly request you to make me as a member of your company…..

35. Lakmal on August 20, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Hi dear sir,madam, I’m Lakmal from sri Lanka.
    I like to doing part time job as data entry from home. But need to know about trusted sites would be can do it,pls can you send further details for me?
    Thank you.

36. Mayank kiri on August 17, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Really i like this way earn to some money for excess money really this way is very good

37. RUSHIKESH KHARODE on August 14, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Hi Myself Rushikesh i have my own business i need to start work online kindly send the details

38. RAJESH KUMAR on August 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm

39. Muhammad Daniyal on August 12, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Hello.! My Name Is Daniyal’ And I Want (Plain Data Entry) Job. So Please Tell Me That How Can I Do This Job.

40. mangesh jadhav on August 12, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Dear sir my name is mangesh Jadhav… I have an experience of 7 years in data entry… I want plain data entry… PDF to Ms word typing… But I don’t want to invest any money… Just send me PDF and I will type in Ms word…that’s it…