Top 25 Data Entry Jobs from Home Online/Offline: No Investment

Data Entry jobs are really great for people who are low qualified and want to work from home. Whether you are a housewife, a retired person or just a person keen to work from home, data entry jobs are the way to go.

Data Entry jobs are very diverse and a data entry worker needs to specialize in one given domain.

data entry jobs

After reading this article you will get to know different types of data entry jobs and remunerations depending upon the type of work.

As you know there isn’t any educational qualification required for a data entry work.

But you need to acquire certain basic skills like typing speed of 25-30 WPM (words per minute), able to read Basic English and browsing internet.

25 Offline & Online Data Entry Jobs

Let us see different kinds of data entry jobs one by one. You can work on any data entry job depending upon your skills, tme

Regular Data Entry Jobs

The first category is regular data entry jobs which are very common and you need typing speed of 20 to 30 WPM at least.

1. Plain Data Entry Jobs

Plain data entry work involves typing words into MS word file. Here, apart from typing speed you also need good reading and writing skills in English.

You have to read from a PDF document and write it into a Word document. You can get paid Rs 10 to Rs 20 per page in this type of data entry job.

We provide you the sources & other tips to find these types of data entry jobs once you signup.

2. Other Basic Typing Jobs

Other basic typing jobs can be working with Excel Spreadsheet. Here you just have to fill cells with data. You really do not require to know about formulas and other technical stuff.

The job is very simple and not technical at all. You can get paid Rs 50 to Rs 100 per hour depending upon the speed and accuracy.

3. Word Processor or Typist

Here the work is a bit more technical. You need to create letters, mailing labels, reports etc. You must have good grammar skills as well as vocabulary.

You also have to work with technical stuff like creating charts, graphs and tables. Usually you need a training for this kind of data entry work.

4. Cleaning of Data

Also known as data cleansing or data scrubbing where you detect and remove (or correct) erroneous data from a table or a database.

It can be a Word File or an Excel spreadsheet.

For regular data entry jobs you get paid according to your experience and accuracy. Just check this post to find these types of data entry jobs.

Online Data Entry Jobs

Here are 2 Best online data entry jobs that you can do from home. Online form filling & paid surveys are 2 best jobs. You can subscribe to SureJob to get these types of jobs directly in your email.

5. Online Form Filling

Here you will be given online form and huge data separately. You have to enter the value from the database into each field in the online form very carefully.

You have to pay attention in this data entry work so that you don’t fill up wrong field with wrong data.

6. Online Survey Job

You have to answer few simple questionnaires and fill up the survey forms. You can fill up a survey form in 5 minutes to 15 minutes depending upon the length of questionnaires.

Companies need to know customers feedback so they ask you to fill these forms. Signup with 20 best online surveys sites here.

You can make good money with form filling  & online survey data entry jobs both. If you want more similar jobs then you can check our most popular list of 14 online jobs.

Micro Jobs

Micro Jobs are relatively new compared to other forms of data entry jobs.

7. Captcha Entry Jobs

As you know Captchas are images containing texts, number or alphanumeric data used to fill in a field given below. You have to solve hundreds of Captchas every single day.

It is very simple. You can check top 10 Captcha entry sites here which provide you this opportunity.

8. Copy & Paste Jobs

Here you copy data from one file and paste it to another. Basically it will be a word document or excel spreadsheet.

You don’t have to type much but you have to read a lot hence knowledge of English is important.

9. Captioning

Captioning is more advanced because here you write headings and captions for news headline or an image. This job is required by media industry like News channel.

Captioning jobs are very rare to find.

Micro Jobs like Captcha solving is not well paid. So don’t take it if you want to be a serious data entry worker.

Data Formatting Jobs

Formatting jobs are also considered as data entry work but here you type less and format more.

10. Re Formatting and Correction

Normally formatting jobs include formatting a word document like aligning paragraphs, indentation, fonts etc.

You also have to format a long form which contains various fields like Name, Email ID, Address, Phone No etc.

Here typing work is less but you need to know every rule about formatting.

11. Formatting and Editing Job

Here you have to have good knowledge of English because you will not only correct spelling mistakes but also grammar.

You also need editing skills in which you have to reformat an entire document.

Formatting jobs are more about knowledge of English and grammar over typing skills.

Converting Files

Converting Files from one form to another is just like regular data entry jobs but with a difference. Here you have to convert an image or audio file into a Word document.

12. Image to Text Data Entry

You will be given an image which is a screenshot containing written paragraphs. You have to read from images and write it down on a Word document.

One thing you need to remember is the words are not simple English but difficult medical terminology that you haven’t heard before.

13. Audio to Text

You will listen an audio and reproduce it into a text format. Audio to text data entry job is bit advance because you need really great listening skills hence not for everyone.

Moreover, your English must be really great so you can understand every single word.

For beginners, I recommend image to text data entry work. Here you earn more than regular data entry work.

Transcription Jobs

Transcription jobs are one of the most difficult form of data entry jobs.

14. Medical Transcriptionist

The most common transcription job is medical transcriptionist. Here you listen recorded audio files and write it down word by word in a word document.

Here you have to be familiar with advanced medical terminology. You also must have great listening and shorthand writing skills.

15. Medical Coding

Medical coding is bit different than transcription job. Medical coding is transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services into alphanumeric codes.

This type of job is very rare.

Medical Transcriptionist job is highly paid among all other forms of data entry jobs.

Misc Online Data Entry Jobs

Online data entry jobs are bunch of jobs that are dedicated to Internet.

16. Online Data Capturing Job

You have to capture data from various internet publications such as e-magazines and eBooks. Here you need good English skills.

17. Email Processing

This is one of the high paid data entry job. Here you process hundreds of emails daily to find out their content and make a list in an Excel spreadsheet.

You must be able to process thousands of email and categorize it. It is more than regular typing.

18. Updating Database

Here you update existing database and create new ones online. These database contains various fields like Name, Phone no, email ID, address etc for various industries.

Misc Online data entry jobs are for part time seeker.

Data Entry Keyer

Here you generally enter data into a software like CRM. Following are Data Entry Keyer jobs.

19. Catalog Data Entry Operator

Catalog Data entry operator read from database and fill into online or offline software. You enter various fields like product name, code no, expiry date, price etc.

20. Payroll Data Entry Operator

This is very common data entry keyer job. Here you enter the employee name, payment details, allowances etc.

21. Entering Data into Web Based System

In this data entry job, you enter data into a web based system from different kinds of product catalogues.

You have to read documents pertaining to legal departments or insurance claims and write it down into a word document or an excel spreadsheet.

You can also be asked to enter automobile registration number, owner’s name, contact details etc.

Data Entry Keyer jobs are mainly offline rather online.

Data Entry Clerks

Data entry clerks are also quite similar to the Data Entry Keyer’s job. Here are two examples of data entry clerk’s job.

22. Hospitals

You enter details like patient notes, hospital records, accident reports etc into an Excel spreadsheet or particular software present on the LAN.

23. Municipal

Here you enter into municipal records details like birth records, legal documents, town records etc.

This type of data entry work is offline and full time from 9 to 5.

Writing Jobs

Writing jobs are exactly not similar to data entry work but they are kind of data entry job. But here you don’t type blindly.

24. Content Writing

You can write content for various sites and bloggers. You need to write article of various length and submit it to the blogger or site owner.

25. Copywriting

Similarly copywriting is about writing ads.

The difference between other data entry jobs and writing jobs is writing is more creative and you need to have some experience in writing.

Extra Customized Data Entry Jobs

Finally there are many customized data entry jobs where you have to work according to the training given by your hirer.

You will be trained for a particular type of work and asked to enter data likewise.

Such jobs are available offline where you have to go out of home and work.

Hence you can choose any one of above mentioned data entry jobs and specialize in it.

1. Sachin Khapre on March 21, 2016 at 2:22 pm

This Is one of the online earning opprtunity

2. panchanan bhunia on March 21, 2016 at 12:04 pm

3. Shehryar Khan on March 20, 2016 at 4:03 pm

i have earned a lot 50$ of one hour from this website (megatypers.com)
    Go hurry and registered yourself and type BEKO in invitation code field for better earning
    GO HURRY!!!!

4. Olasunkanmi on March 19, 2016 at 12:52 pm

good morning, I’m from Nigeria and I wanna confirm if the job is also available for people in Nigeria and if yes, how do I apply. pls reply via my email.

5. nirmalendu adhikari on March 19, 2016 at 5:48 am

hi please send me training package

6. Emmanuel Yartey on March 14, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I want to be part of the data entry job, seriously. I have observed that you are credible to deal with. This is key in such an engagement.

7. Smita Gupta on March 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm

We are in end to end IT/ Data Management company in India.
    You may outsource the job to us.

8. Goutam on March 2, 2016 at 11:06 am

I am looking for data entry jobs through internet by which i can clear my heavy debt and would be my supporting hand, beside my salary. This site as i have seen is somewhat that i was searching for.

9. EMMANUEL on February 27, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Please am very much interested in data entry job. I gat I.C.T certificate with merit and 1 year and 5 months experience in data entry please send me details

10. Love Sheoran on February 25, 2016 at 3:22 am

i am love sheoran .. i need any job that could pay me over 25000Rs i am currently in class 11th having no intrest towards studies but i have good vocabulary and typing speed . if any one want me to do the audio to text format job let me know or other jobs too .
    i hope i get some job soon 🙂

11. Rakhi on February 24, 2016 at 10:43 am

Hey, I too need online job as soon as possible just to improve my financial status.
    Plzz anyone if there’s something plz let me know

12. bhavani on February 19, 2016 at 10:38 am

thankyou for your inputs

13. ASHISH KUMAR JAIN on February 18, 2016 at 7:35 am

I am very much interested in online form filling please get in touch with me @ 09971859362

14. ANIL KUMAR on February 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm

sure job is very useful earn money

15. soubhagya kumar behera on February 13, 2016 at 1:28 pm

sir I am studying bsc(mathematics hons) 2nd yr now and I m doing PGDCA course and I have completed ms dos, ms word, ms excel, PowerPoint,FoxPro, html, dhtml & c and I have also own laptop.plz sir give me a chance to do a job.

16. mannu on February 11, 2016 at 4:40 pm

17. Ashutosh Pandey on February 11, 2016 at 4:30 pm

I am interested in getting paid for reading advertisement. Plz. suggest me…. Also confirm me how I will receive the payment and its procedure. Plz respond me on my e-mail. thanks.

18. Giri dharan on February 10, 2016 at 5:48 pm

It’s very nice

19. chandni on February 10, 2016 at 4:25 pm

1.Plain data entry job..i am intrested in this job…how can i start? and salary how much have u pay?plz details the allthing..

20. vikas on February 10, 2016 at 9:09 am

Yeah,thank u so much sure job for ur kind guidence…and providing me these online jobs…

21. VINOD KUMAR on February 9, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Dear sir..,

My Self VINOD KUMAR

I am interested
    and I want this data entry job. i have speed 40 to 50 per minute. skilled typist, so please help us to get genuine data entry project.

my phone or contact no ( 9318035549 ) or ( 9882662403 )…….!!!

thank you …..!!!!

22. tejaswi on February 9, 2016 at 7:09 pm

I am interested in doing simple data entry jobs . I knew about the knowledge on computer basics. I need a job to survive my surroundings and it is very important . If you give a job i will be very thankful to you. please trust .

23. Prajoon on February 4, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Sir….I’m a BCA graduated…if u give any IT related work,data entry programming…whatever….I will do my best …

My number 9746098672

24. SAMITA DUTTA on February 3, 2016 at 5:40 pm

I am a person who having an experience of doing data entry work for last 12 years. But I have left my job due to the birth of my baby. Now I want to do this part time data entry online – offline jobs, so that I can prove myself still a self depending person.

25. Azam on January 27, 2016 at 12:45 pm

Sir, I am interested the part time data entry work but without any investment. My typing speed is 40 wpm (English), 35 wpm (Punjabi), 30 wpm (Hindi), 30 wpm (Urdu) please send full detail to my email id. I am computer graphics designer and know software (Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Page Maker, MS-Office, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point, etc.). Please suggest me to genuine part time jobs. I am careful and hardworking needy person.
    Thanking in an anticipation.
    Yours faithfully

26. Venkateswara Rao Bikkina on January 16, 2016 at 3:00 pm

I’m B.V.Rao, aged 62 years, residing at Hyderabad. My qualification is M.Com and my typing
    speed is 40 words per minute. I’m looking for work at home online typing jobs without any
    prior investment. Can you please suggest me a genuine website?

Thanking You and WITH REGARDS
    B.V.Rao

27. Azeem Ahmed on January 14, 2016 at 9:47 am

I want a Hindi or english typing job

28. RAJESH on January 11, 2016 at 12:58 pm

REALLY A GREAT CONTRIBUTION TOWARD THE CAREER OF MANY PEOPLES

29. Sharat chandra on January 10, 2016 at 9:44 pm

I Have completed my graduation from B.E(computing). so, that presently I am at home. It feels me very bored…
    i want to do job at home. I felt this is very comfortable job to me.
    please inform me if any job is available

30. magdalena mangawa on January 9, 2016 at 8:50 am

Dear i am interested part time jobs if you give me jobs i am very thankful you.. but i need no membership fee because i dont have credit card just only bank saving… the free no membership fee please….

31. Farheen on January 6, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Helo…
    Dis is farheen frm bamglore i hv done wiy my BA.Psycology n strtd wit MA i would like to tak up data entry job my typing skil is gud m n have gud gramitical knowledge.. plz provide me d details..

32. David Rahman on January 6, 2016 at 4:13 pm

I am looking for data entry job from home. I have good experience in Financial Administration and Microsoft Office 2013. I was a financial analyst at big international company but now I am unemployed. So I have much to time to do work from home.

33. anju kaul on January 4, 2016 at 7:04 am

Dear i am instered part time jobs if you give me jobs i am very thakful you

• Rese on January 11, 2016 at 9:43 pm

hi i am in jamaica and i have earned $US 120 dollars last month from this captcha typing site (www.megatypers.com) it is genuine site to earn pocket money. use this invitation code for better earnings. Invitation code is B3T7

34. sadhana on January 3, 2016 at 8:00 pm

work in an IT firm as developer.. I want an online job as a part time… Please suggest me an genuine work

35. Bikash Kumar on January 3, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I am shared in LinkedIn but still I can’t receive my package. How can I received my package. Please help me. I am interested in that job.

36. Amit on January 3, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Its really good to kanow about it, now will see what’s matter

37. umesh on January 3, 2016 at 2:21 pm

i am instered part time jobs if you give me jobs i am very thakful you

38. subrata mukherjee on January 3, 2016 at 11:29 am

I am interested

39. Balwinder on December 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm

This job very simple and my problem’s solution

40. Mohandass on December 30, 2015 at 6:26 pm