I used to receive emails from many people asking me that they are duped from many online jobs sites & they are unable to take any action against the website.
What they can do in such a situation?
So if you have purchased any CD or membership from a work from home sites and the site comes out to be a fake site then you can read this article to submit a complaint to cybercrime police.
Although, you can use this information to submit any type of cybercrime complaint but here my main focus is on the work from home and online jobs websites.
Submit an Online Job Fraud Complaint to Cyber Cell police
There are number of things you need to note before you send your complaints. Just check here some of the points
- Before you submit your complaint to cyber cell police, you must confirm that the website you have paid to is a fake website.
- Most of the Indian sites who demand money for registration for work from home job are fake. So if you paid to an Indian site, there are great chances that site is fake.
- A genuine site displays the name of of the website owner who is selling the work from home package. Otherwise, you can know the name & photo of the owner on the contact us page. If you can’t the name of & photo of the site owner on the website, then its fake.
- Don’t trust on contact numbers, office address or registration number on the website because any fake company can get a phone number, rent an office or even get a registration number.
- If the website provide the work of online surveys, get paid to click ads or read ads, form filling etc. then its a fake site.
- Check Google for their complaints of the site from other customers.
So you are in a better position to submit the complaints if any of the above point is applicable.
So how & where to submit the complaint?
You can send the complaint either through email or a letter. You can check the table provided below to find the contact details of cyber cell police in various cities.
One important point here is you need to send the complaint to the cyber cell police where the office of the site is located in.
If you are from Bangalore and duped from a Mumbai company then send your complaint to cyber police of Mumbai and not in Bangalore.
There are 2 reasons for this-
- Different cyber cell dept will receive individual complaints and if there are not many complaints in an individual cyber cell police department, it may get ignored. If all people send to the police in the same city where the website is operating from then they will receive good number of complaints & the police will definitely act on this.
- Because the office of the website is in the same city, it will be easy for cyber police to take action.
So what to write in the complaint?
Here are some of the things, you need to write in your complaint email or letter.
In the subject line you can write like
- “Website Name” Fraud Complaint Example- XYZ.com fraud complaint
- OR “Website Name” Cheated Me Example- XYZ.com Cheated Me
- Or I Was duped by XYZ.com website etc
Then write following things in your email-
- What did you purchase?
- Date and amount of purchase.
- Website name, company name and the contact details of the company
- What job was promised and how you were duped
- Search Google for the complaints and send the links where people are complaining about the website.
- And any other thing, you want to add.
And send it to to the email or address given in the table. If the address of the company is in Mumbai then send the complain to Cyber cell police of Mumbai and if its Delhi, then Cyber cell police of Delhi etc.
Contact information of different Cyber cells police
|City||Phone||Address & Email||Website|
|Mumbai||91 – 022 – 22653714|
|ACP, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell, Office of Commissioner of Police office, Annex -3 Building, 1st floor, Near Crawford Market, Mumbai-400001|
|CBI Cyber Crime Cell:, Superintendent of Police, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell, Central Bureau of Investigation,|
5th Floor, Block No.3, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003[email protected]
|ACP, Cyber Crime Cell, Commissioner office Campus Egmore, Chennai- 600008|
E-mail id: [email protected]
For Rest of Tamil Nadu,
Address: Cyber Crime Cell, CB, CID, Chennai
E-mail id: [email protected]
|Cyber Crime Police Station, C.O.D Headquarters, Carlton House, No. 1, Palace Road, Bangalore-1|
+91-040-2329 7474 (Fax)
|Cyber Crime Police Station, Crime Investigation Department, 3rd Floor, D.G.P. office, Lakdikapool, Hyderabad–4|
So you can get the contact details above and you can send the complaint either by sending a letter, email or by visiting personally.
You can note the information above that you need to send in your complaint.
I hope you will get your money back or at least you will have satisfaction that you have taken some action against the person who has looted your hard earned money.
Another satisfaction that, you have saved many other people to become the victim of the website.
All the best