The fortune of Indian economy has been changed by globalization in the past 20 years. The great thing about the software industry in India is that unlike any other industry in the country, it has grown from nothing to a $200 billion industry in the past 2 decades.
So, with the development of the economy, has this field contributed anything in terms of employment?
Yes, as most of us know, IT employees are the highest paid employees in India these days and they enjoy amazing perks apart from salary and they enjoy technological advancement and many other facilities, which make their job the best among the lot.
Top Indian software companies in terms of salaries
Like many other fields, there are also top leaders in this sector as well when it comes to salaries paid to their workforce. Now, let us get into some details about the top best paying 5 IT companies in India:
Till date, Google holds the pride of being the highest payer for Indian software engineers. Here are some details:
- Name of the Company – Google Inc.
- Some brief info – Right from the founding year 1998, the company has grown in leaps and bounds to serve millions of people from around the world.
- Name of Founder: The company was found by Sergey Bin and Larry Page and the company operates from its headquarters at California
- Year of establishment: It was established in Menlo Park in California on the 4th of September 1998.
- No. of Employees: As per Quarter 3 2014 reports, the company has 55,030 employees.
- Pay Package: Google offers a median salary of around 14 lakhs per annum for fresh graduates and when it comes to seniors the average salary is 25 lakhs per annum.
- Area of work: Google provide a wide range of tools to help businesses to succeed not only on the web, but also off the web as well. Their advertisement programs ranging from simple texts to rich media ads have helped many businesses to find customers. Publishers are also provided the opportunity to make money from their content. The company also offer cloud computing tools for businesses to save money and to turn out to be more productive. They offer a wide range of service on the web as well.
- Head office & locations: The headquarters is located in Mountain View in California and in India they are located in Bangalore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Mumbai in the name of Google India Private Limited. They are located in many countries as well in addition to many offices in the United States alone.
- Website: www.google.com
As most of us know, Microsoft has dominated the world of computers for long and this tech giant is one among the highest paying IT companies in India.
- Name of the Company: Microsoft Corporation
- Some brief info: This American Multinational Company has the headquarters in Washington. They are specialized in development, manufacture, licensing, supporting and selling of personal computer, consumer electronics, computer software and other services.
- Name of Founder: Bill Gates and Paul Allen
- Year of establishment: The company was established in the year 1975 on the 4th of April
- No. of Employees: As of June 2014, the number of employees working for this corporation is 1, 28, 076.
- Pay Package: Microsoft offers a median salary of around 12 lakhs per annum for fresh graduates and when it comes to seniors the average salary is 28 lakhs per annum. The IT Project managers working for this company are getting somewhere around 32 lakhs LPA.
- Area of work: The area of work of Microsoft is computer hardware, consumer electronics and computer software manufacturing. Their products like Windows, Surface tab, Xbox gaming console and Skype are highly popular.
- Head office & locations: The headquarters is located in Redmond in Washington and in India they have offices in four major cities being Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Bangalore and Mumbai.
- Website: www.microsoft.com/
IBM holds the pride of being one among the most accomplished IT Companies from around the globe. They hold the most number of patents for more than 20 years now in the world of computers.
- Name of the company: IBM Corporation
- Some brief info: IBM is expanded as International Business Machines Corporation. The company is an international consulting and technology corporation. The company was founded as Computing Tabulating Recording Company (CTR) by margining three companies. In terms of number of employees, IBM was ranked number 2 by Fortune in the year 2012.
- Name of Founders: Charles Ranlett Flint and Thomas J. Watson
- Year of establishment: The Company was established in another name on the 16th of June 1911.
- No. of Employees: As of 2013 records there were 4,31,212 employees working or this company. In India, the number of people working for this company is around 1,50,000
- Pay Package: For software engineers the median salary offered by IBM is 8 LPA and for experienced senior engineers it is 10 LPA.
- Area of work: Computer hardware, computer software and IT Consulting.
- Head office & locations: Headquarters is located at Armonk in the state of New York. In India, the headquarters is located in the city of Bangalore. They have both physical and virtual branches in almost all states in India.
- Website: http://www.ibm.com/in/en/
Accenture is an international management consulting company and they provide technology and outsourcing services as well. They provide their service for more than 120 countries:
- Name of the company: Accenture PLC
- Some brief info: Accenture has their operations in nearly 56 countries of the world and establishment took place in the year 1989.
- Name of Chairman & CEO: Pierre Nanterme
- Year of establishment: The Company was established in the year 1989 and until 2001 they operated in the name of Andersen Consulting.
- No. of Employees: As of November 2014, the company had more than 3,02,000 employees.
- Pay Package: The junior engineers working for this company gets a pay of around 2-4 lakhs per annum, while the senior are paid even more.
- Clients: Some of the top clients, who have succeeded with the help of Accenture, are Lupin Limited, Engineers India Limited, BSES Delhi, Manipur State Portal, Nagaland State Portal, Piramal Healthcare, Reliance Communications and Tata Chemicals.
- Head office & locations: Head office of the company is located in Dublin, Ireland in India they have operations in major cities like Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, Noida, Delhi and Gurgaon.
- Website: www.accenture.com
5. Tata Consultancy Services:
TCS is an India-based company and it is a subsidiary of the Tata Group with listings in Bombay and National Stock Exchange of India.
- Name of the company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Some brief info: With its parent company as Tata Group, TCS has many subsidiary companies that provide a wide-range of services related to information technology. Some of the established products of this company include TCS MasterCarft and TCSBaNCS.
- Name of Founder: The Founder of the company is J.R.D. Tata
- Year of establishment: The Company was established in the year 1968.
- No. of Employees: As of September 2014, nearly 3,13,757 people are serving this company.
- Pay Package: Software engineers working for this company make an average pay of Rs.3-5 lakhs per annum. Reports state that the attrition rate is less in this company and the best employee security is offered as well.
- Area of work: They are specialized in IT, business consulting and outsourcing services.
- Head office & locations: The headquarters is located in the city of Mumbai and many branches are operating in major cities like Bangalore and Chennai. Apart from these branches, almost all major cities have a branch for TCS.
- Website: http://www.tcs.com/
These top paying companies recruit candidates both through campus selection and through direct interviews as well. So, youngsters interested in a career in this booming IT Sector can develop their talents accordingly to find the dream placement.