Nowadays, everyone is making investments, and most of these investments are primarily in the stock market. Since 2020, the covid-19 has made a significant impact on the world's economy.
During these difficult situations, some people lost their jobs, and some faced huge losses in their businesses. Investing in the stock market has increased since the covid-19 period.
Many people are earning money through intraday trading and long-term investing in different stocks. And to make investing in the Indian stock market easy, trading apps are playing an important role.
What is Stock Market?
Stock Market means investing their finance into different financial instruments such as Stocks, Bonds, Commodities, Derivatives, etc.
In India, National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) are the two major stock markets. Multi-Commodity Exchange, ETF (exchange traded fund) and Indian Energy Exchange (ICX) are other commodity trading company's.
SEBI governs all the activities of trading and investing in the stock market. SEBI set the guidelines for the investors and traders for investing and trading in the stock market.
Why Investing in Stock Market?
Since the pandemic, investing in the stock market has become very popular in India. Today Indian share market is dominated by retail investors. According to an SBI report, The number of individual investors in the market has increased by a whopping 142 lakh in FY21.
There are a few reasons why we should invest in the stock market:-
- Investing and trading in the stock market help to manage our finances.
- Investors and traders can get higher returns from their investments.
- The investments are future-oriented.
- The investments help us to teach where we should utilize our money.
So if you are ready to invest your money in the stock market for higher returns, I will share with you some of the best trading apps in India that will help you make your investing easy.
15 Best Trading Apps in India for Stock Market
These are the best trading apps provided by top stock brokers in India. You can start day trading or purchase share for long-term investment. These online trading apps are very helpful even for beginners. You can download these trading apps on your android or iOS mobile.
1. Kite by Zerodha
The Zerodha has introduced Kite for the web and mobile phones. This is the best trading app used by millions of Indians for stock market trading. The app charges zero brokerage for making investments but charges flat Rs. 20 for F&O (future and options) trading.
The app has a 4.3 Google rating, and this app provides a clean & intuitive User Interface. The app runs a super-fast and super-light backend for all investments and trading.
- Zerodha's kite uses a Biometric fingerprint or Face ID for log in.
- You can find Universal overview screen for all instruments
- You will get push notifications for Order update
- You have access to TradingView charts along with ChartIQ on both web and app.
- Multi-exit on positions
2. 5 Paisa App
The 5 Paisa app has 7 million users, and it became the best stock market trading app. It is free and easy to use. Both the beginner and traders can use this app effectively.
The app gives live updates from NSE, BSE, and MCX markets and provides advanced charting tools.
The app provides learning videos, and it also has a zero-brokerage policy, but it takes Rs. 20 for across any trading segment- Cash, F&O (future and options), Currency, and Commodities. 3 lacs people rated this app 4.3 on the Google Play store. You can open a Demat account in 5 Paisa itself.
- The app allows you to trade in Equity, Derivatives, Commodity, and Currency segments.
- You get the higher exposures on this app for intraday trading.
- You can do live tracking of NSE, BSE, & MCX stock prices and quickly transfer and receive the funds on the trading app.
- It does provide the charting, research reports, single click investment order, watchlist on stocks, an alert system in the app itself.
- It has a unique feature to build the customised portfolio known as Robo Investment Advisor.
- In 5 Paisa, you can invest in Mutual funds and buy digital gold, insurance, and personal loans within the app itself.
You can download the 5 Paisa from the button below.
Upstox is one of the best trading platforms, as the aim of this trading app is to make financial investments easy for everyone. This app uses advanced technological tools for making investments quick.
The app is rated 4.7 by five lacs people on the Google Play store, and it became the most significant trading and investment app.
In this app, one can invest in stocks, mutual funds, gold, IPOs, F&O.
- You can invest in stocks. It is easy, fast, and secure, and there is zero brokerage on investments. You can access the charts, new financial data, etc.
- Get live updates about the stock prices of the NSE, BSE, and MCX.
- The Upstox app provides more than 2000 Mutual Fund schemes and you do not need to pay commission.
- You can invest in intra-day and F&O trading by opening a free Demat account. The brokerage would be Rs. 20 per trade.
- One can view OHCL (Open High Close Low) data on Upstox, and it also gives access to pre & post-trade analytics where the investor will get drawing tools, 100+ charts, 250+ indicators with ChartIQ & Trading View.
- On Upstox, investors can also invest in IPOs and buy the stocks at their original prices.
- Upstox uses different payment methods to pay and receive the funds, such as Smart Transfer, GPay, BHIM, or Net- banking.
To download the Upstox app from the google play store, click on the given link.
Also read: 10 Best Investment Options in India
Edelweiss App is an Indian stock market app, and it is the most secured share market and investment app in India.
An investor can daily watch the news related to equity, stock derivatives along with a detailed option chain. The Edelweiss will track the trades and manage the portfolio of investors.
The process to get registered for starting the investment is very easy. The app is rated 4.4 on google. The Non-Power of Attorney (POA) account holders can now sell the stocks instantly on the Edelweiss.
- Investors can set the alerts for their stocks to never miss the targeted price.
- Also, the investor will get the information from the top gainers and losers, most active stocks 52 week high & low stocks & sector performance.
- Investors will get to know the prices of Sensex, Nifty, SGX Nifty, USD & many more related to trading.
- One-click accesses to Indian stock Markets, Trade, and Stock Screener.
- Investors will also get tick-by-tick charts that will help them make the right decision on the move with the BSE NSE India stock market watch.
- Also, an investor will view historic charts of Future Index & Future Commodity for up to 10 years.
To download the Edelweiss Indian stock market app, click on the link.
INDmoney app invests in the Us Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Fixed Deposits (FD). Investors can invest in any variant without paying any commissions on it.
The app has 4.4 ratings on google; it helps track the investments, loans, expenses, saving accounts, PFs, EPFs. The app keeps and earns money for an investor.
An investor will also get INDmoney's reward by investing in US stocks and crypto and managing the investors and their family's financial accounts. The app is 100% safe, secure & private.
- One can invest in US stocks by opening free ac within 2 minutes, without paying brokerage charges.
- The investors will get the best USD-INR exchange rate; one can also buy the MNC company's share like FB, Google, Tesla, Netflix, Amazon, etc.
- Investors can invest in more than 1200 Us Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), and it gives daily and weekly portfolio analysis and recommendations on the US market.
- The investors who invest in Mutual Funds can auto-import from the other investing apps like Zerodha, ETmoney, Paytm, etc.
- When investors switch their mutual funds into INDmoney they get 1.5 % higher returns.
- One can book their Fixed Deposits (FDs) in INDmoney and earn high returns.
- The investors investing in Indian stocks can track their portfolio from the top brokers like Zerodha, Upstox, HDFC, etc.
To Download the INDmoney app by clicking on the given link.
6. HDFC securities
HDFC securities is a middle entity providing financial services and committed as a distributor of financial products and services like Corporate FDs and Bonds, Insurance, MF, NPS, etc. The HDFC Securities provides a powerful platform for an investor to keep the market on pace.
This app is easier to use, navigate, invest ideas, real-time charts, and so on. The app will guide you and redefine your experience in investing. The app is rated 4.0 on google.
- An investor can invest in Equity & Derivatives.
- The investor will get notifications on key market events.
- An investor can track and trade with multiple watchlists Intraday real-time charting.
- Investors will get instant access to trending investing ideas.
- One can tap and find their next investment opportunity.
- The HDFC Securities Mobile Trading App branch is near the investors’ residence.
- The app introduces Smart Order Routing (SOR), which helps investors resist the best market price presented on NSE/BSE.
- The investors will be able to view their rights in their profiles. And they can apply for derivative/ Mutual Fund benefits on the app.
To Download the HDFC Securities Mobile Trading App, click on the given link.
ETMoney is one of India's best apps for Mutual Fund Investment in Direct Mutual Funds, and one will get the other personal Finance Management needs at ETMONEY.
In ETMONEY, an investor can invest, track and manage their mutual fund investments in zero commission Direct Mutual Funds.
An investor will also earn the guaranteed interest rate from Fixed Deposits (FDs); also, an investor will get the assured pension for retirement via investing in NPS (National Pension System).
With ETMONEY, one can secure their family too, by investing in Term Life Insurance & Health or Medical Insurance Policy.
The app is rated 4.5 on google.
- One can save the tax via investing in ELSS mutual funds, which start from Rs. 500 per month.
- The app does accept all the UPI payment methods like- Google Pay, PhonePe, BHIM UPI, Paytm & enable one-tap payments through NPCI instructions and Net banking for mutual fund investments via SIP/Lumpsum.
- One can easily switch their Lump Sum or SIP mutual funds from other apps like Paytm Money, Groww, Scripbox, myCAMS, Karvy of track Zerodha Coin.
- Investors will get a chance to invest in different mutual funds like equity mutual funds, ELSS mutual funds, small-cap, large-cap mutual funds, balanced funds, gold mutual funds, etc.
- Investors can invest in top mutual fund schemes via SIPs/Lumpsum of AMCs like SBI Mutual Fund, Nippon India Mutual Fund, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund, HDFC Mutual Fund, Kotak Mutual Fund, etc.
To Downloading the ETMONEY: Mutual Funds, SIP, Portfolio Tracking App, click on the given link.
8. Small case-Invest/SIP in Stock Portfolios
The small case app has modern investment products that help build low-cost, long-term, and diversified portfolios. The small case is a managed professional portfolio or basket of stocks/ETFs reflecting a strategy, idea, or theme.
The small case is rated 4.6 out of the five on Google Play Store. It works like a mutual fund investing app; it enables starting a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in the stock market.
This app offers more than 100 readymade stock investment portfolios to choose from, all of which are created and managed by SEBI- registered professionals.
- The app is trusted by more than 25 lakhs investors and is available on ten-plus platforms.
- Investors can start SIPs in the stock market, similar to mutual funds.
- The investors who invest in readymade stock portfolios based on the risk appetite created and managed by SEBI-registered experts.
- The small case diversifies the portfolios for a new investor so that the investor can put all their balls into the different baskets of the stock.
- The investor can withdraw their money anytime without paying exit charges.
To Download the small case app, click on the link.
9. IIFL Securities
IIFL Securities is the highest-rated and most downloaded Best share market app in India. On google play store, it is rated 4.0 out of the 5.
It is the best app for trading in India to know the live market prices and stock markets news, awarded as the best mobile trading app for the stock market by Zee Business awards.
The mutual fund investor can also become the app user for investing in all mutual fund schemes like Equity, Debt, Balanced, Hybrid funds with ease.
- The app gives the investors well-researched and correct tips about the stock analysis; the information help in making better decisions while trading.
- The app is very simplified, putting all the details about any scrip in an interactive ecosystem.
- An investor will get access to the full-fledged financial market, including NSE, Nifty, Sensex, BSE 100, Bank Nifty, BSE MID CAP, along with Commodity and Currency Markets.
- One will get detailed information about every company news and their historical price charts, research, key ratios, shareholding pattern, PnL.
- There is a derivatives section for trading in Option and Futures.
- The app also pre-Approved the personal loan based on the investor's credit history and financial planning along with goal-based investments.
- It buzzes to give the latest developments updates of live markets on a single tap.
- An option chain for equity, Index, and Currency gives essential details of Futures and Options- Price alerts; it also helps set a price alert for F&O scripts across equity, currency, commodity segments.
It became easy to trade with IIFL Securities and its one of the Best Online Trading App, so To Download the app, click on the link.
10. StockEdge- Share Market App
The StockEdge Share Market App is the most trusted Share Market Analysis App for Indian Investors and Short-Term Traders. It also does the Stock Market Research and Analytics.
This app rated 4.5 out of five on the Google Play Store, and over 2 million public has downloaded the app.
StockEdge motivates the investors and traders with technical and fundamental tools based on updated stock market research backed up by a dedicated stock research team. The simplicity of the StockEdge app makes it the best stock market app.
The intuition of the StockEdge is to entitle the trading with stock market knowledge. The app provides the tools to grab the opportunities in the share market through simple visualizations.
- Investors will get daily stock market updates like news of Nifty, NSE data, BSE Sensex, Corporate actions, Foreign Investment Institute (FII)/ Domestic Investment Institute (DII) Cash, and derivative statistics.
- The StockEdge has technical indicators like RSI, Relative Strength, Relative Performance scans to scan the daily trades, be it the intraday, positional Swing, Options, and Futures Trades.
- The StockEdge has readymade themes like stocks is based on trending business models. The best models are used to filter the best high delivery stocks; this makes the StockEdge a trusted and premium investing app.
- In StockEdge, an investor can discover various intraday trading strategies using Bullish and Bearish stocks.
- StockEdge shows the investors the company filings which guide the investors, including recent Mergers, Acquisitions, Stock Splits, Buyback, and more.
- StockEdge keeps a tab on the latest activities of institutional investors and family trading houses with detailed information on their shareholdings, announcements, and deals.
- An investor can rebuild their Mutual Fund portfolio using features like mutual fund themes, AUM Analysis, and Classes.
- The investor can browse through the Large-Cap, Mid-Cap, and Small-cap Funds under the Equity Option. Here, Debt and Hybrid Funds are also available.
To Download the app, click on the link.
11. Angel One by Angel Broking
Angel One is the app for the share market and Demat account, and it is an app by Angel Broking; the app charges zero brokerage on delivery trade for a lifetime, and it charges only Rs.20 for F&O and intraday.
The app is rated 4.2 out of 5 on the Google play store. This app aims to make the trading experience perfect and convenient. In Angel One Mobile Trading App, one can buy, sell and trade on the go. The beginners and traders can both use the app, which is suitable for both.
- The app has the SmartAPI in which investors can build their innovative trading platform at zero cost also can execute orders in real-time, stream live market data over WebSocket, and more.
- The app has Sensibull, in which one can invest with simple option strategies which come with limited losses. The investors conveniently get the real-time trade recommendations from the SEBI registered experts to connect.
- In Angel, one can invest international stocks and ETFs via vested. This app allows Indian and NRI investors to invest in US Stocks and ETFs easily.
To Download the app, click on the given link.
12. Motilal Investor
The Motilal Investor allows an investor to explore the stock market in the simplest way possible. An investor can invest in more than 5000 equities in just one click.
The app is easy to use and provides the FREE DEMAT and trading app, which offers the investors a reward for investing their ideas, to begin with, their stock journey. Investors can complete their KYC online and start trading and investing in the stock market.
Motilal Oswal has been India's most Trusted trading and investing app for more than 30 years. Experts develop the app to help individuals trade ideally in the stock market.
- It is easy to buy& sell stocks on the app.
- It helps in monitoring the real-time stock.
- It gives the price alerts of the stock.
- An investor can trade with a single click.
- Investors will get access to get the financial advisors for free.
- In Motilal Oswal, one can invest in Mutual Funds and SIP with one click.
- In Motilal, Oswal investors will get a wide range of investment choices like Equity, Derivatives, IPO, Mutual Funds, Insurance, and Fixed deposits.
To Download the app, click on the link.
13. Sharekhan Trading App
The app provides broking services to investors who want to invest in the share market. Investors can trade in Equities, Derivatives from NSE and BSE and invest in mutual funds through the Sharekhan app.
Sharekhan also provides advanced charts, tools to measure the stock's performance, watchlists, etc.; these tools help the investor make the right and firm decisions in trading the stocks. The Sharekhan app is rated 3.9 out of the five on the google play store.
- The Sharekhan has advanced charts and measurement tools to track performance.
- The app is a “Best Performing Retail Member” at NSE Market Achievers Awards 2018.
- With Sharekhan, over 2 million customers are associated all over India (as of July 2020)
- It has more than 20 years of experience in broking houses and provides easy online trading.
- The app has a strong backup by the BNP Paribas Group.
- The app is very much efficient and user-friendly trading and investment app.
To Download the Sharekhan app, click on the link.
14. Groww App
In the Groww app, millions of investors joined for trading into the stock market. This app is simple; it is also simple in opening Demat account and trade in BSE, NSE listed stocks in the share market at a low brokerage on the stock orders.
In the Groww app, one can do fast, easy, and secured investing in mutual funds, stocks, IPO, and trading. The process of opening an account is 100% paperless.
The investor can invest in any stock without giving any commissions. The app charges zero commission, and the app is rated 4.6 out of 5 on Google Play Store.
- An investor can do their KYC within the app.
- The app provides intelligent filter options to the investors to get the top mutual funds list under various categories based on metrics.
- The app has the mutual fund SIP calculator, which estimates the overall returns on the investment over the period.
- The app has designed line and candlestick charts to show the share price movements and check the companies' historical performance.
- The app provides learning videos to beginners.
- The app does provide 128-bit SSL encryption for their transaction, and the third party can't hack the investor's data.
To Download the Groww app, click on the link.
15. Paytm Money
Paytm money does invest in the stocks market, mutual funds, and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). The app is rated 4.0 out of 5 on the Google play store. One can open the Demat account, also can buy & Sell stocks on NSE, BSE. Also, the investor can invest in National Pension System (NPS).
The app has multiple investment options in different investment products like; equity space; one can invest in Large-cap, Midcap, and Small Cap stock.
Investors can set the benchmark for their investments with the help of indices like Nifty 50 and Sensex and broader indices such as Nifty 100 and Nifty 500.
- In Paytm money, an investor can trade with competitive pricing at zero brokerage on delivery trading with intraday the app charges as low as rs.10.
- The investors can trade with futures & Options at rs.10
- The KYC process is complete digitally, and the whole process is 100% paperless and can complete within minutes.
- An investor will get the market information.
- When investors assess their risk profile, it becomes easy to diversify. An investor also can balance investments within various extensive stocks, penny stocks, and blue-chip stocks.
- One can customize their watchlist.
To Download the Paytm Money App, click on the given link.
These are the best trading apps in India, rated very high by millions of people on the Google Play Store and iOS app store. You don't need to download all these apps on your mobile to invest in the stock market.
Just check every trading app and download a few of them. Try investing with them and see which app works best for you. I am sure you will make some good money with these trading apps.