Courses always add value to the profile of an individual. But, some people will not be in a position to pay the fee required for taking courses, while some do not have the time to attend classes physically due to their tight schedule.
To help out these people free online courses with certificates are offered. Even though, these types of free courses are available in larger number of foreign countries, in India, this concept is somewhat new, but there are some service providers and companies offering these types of courses.
Free Online Courses With Certificate
Here are some details about the top 3 free online courses with certificates offered in India:
Free Online Courses on RTI
The Department of Personnel and Training of the Indian Government in Association with the Center for Good Governance located in Hyderabad has been conducting a certificate course on Right to Information Act right from the year 2009.
This attempt to spread the Right to Information among the government officials and general public was found to be successful because of the satisfactions expressed by the participants.
With a view to make the same more interesting and engaging, it is offered in two different versions:
- A 7-day online course
- A 15-day online certificate course
The former will be introductory in nature, while the latter will be an advanced format, wherein the course takers will get hands on experience in practically applying the Right to Information Act.
Some details about the 7-day course:
- This course is open for any Indian citizen with computer and internet connection and the course is open 24×7.
- An individual, who want to take up this course can visit rtiocc.cgg.gov.in/ and can register. On successful registration, he/she will be allotted with a user-name and password for accessing the course. The 7-day will be counted from the first day on which he/she accesses the course.
- This course will have 7 chapters and at the end of each chapter, the candidates will have to attempt four questions out of which at least 3 should be correct to move on the next chapter.
- Maximum 3 chances will be given to the candidates to complete the 7-day online course. If it is not completed within these three chances, there will not be any future possibility to take up the course.
Here are some details about 15-day certificate course:
- Candidates, who have successfully completed the 7-day course will only be eligible for this certificate course.
- The other rules applicable for 7-day course are applicable to 15-day certificate course as well; the only difference is that it is meant for 15 days and there will be 15 chapters.
Free Course on Understanding the Origins of Crime:
Initially started as a blog Knowledge Steez has now developed as a website to help out law students from remote locations to look for career and academic opportunities.
Not only law students, those from social science stream can be benefited from the different free online certificate courses offered by this website in association with many leaders in the educational field.
The recent announcement is the course called ‘understanding the origins of Crime in association with Griffith University.
The course is planned to start on 05th of January 2015 and it will end on 03rd of February 2015. More details can be obtained from knowledgesteez.wordpress.com.
Free Online Mini MBA Course
The trend called Massive Open Online Courses shortly called as MOOCs are gaining more and more popularity these days.
Following this trend, the Great Lakes Institute of Management and myBskool.com has recently announced to offer a Flexi MBA Programme.
Objective of the programme: This online mini MBA is a non-credit program that can provide a practical foundation to the students about the current business practices.
Even though, this mini programme will provide the course takers with the facility to gain the knowledge they need for succeeding within their organization, the objective of the course is to make them competent to take informed business decisions on problems that are affecting business organizations these days.
The courses covered under this programme are:
- Business strategy
- Business communication
- Marketing management
- Managing HR in the 21st century and
- Accounting for managers
Even though, the course is free, candidates interested in getting the certificate will have to pay Rs.4999 and the certificate fee for Indian students residing outside India and for foreign nationals is US $182.
So, candidates interested in developing their knowledge and those interested in growing their career can make use of these free opportunities.