Applying for any job begins by sending an application letter and resume. Indeed, these two distinct documents impart the first impression about a jobseeker to every recruiter.
Well crafted and visual resume stands a better chance of being shortlisted, regardless of your skills and experience. Often this translates into an interview call.
Having a professional CV writer to draft your resume format is fine but is often expensive.
Common Resume Writing Mistakes
Several inadvertent mistakes and errors that are best avoided in a resume, especially when applying as fresher.
- Use of archaic, flowery language.
- Understating achievements.
- Failure to highlight hobbies.
- Lack of personalized touch. Meaning, your resume should read as though it is speaking to the reader.
- Too much or very scant information on projects, internships, and experience.
- Zero or negligible emphasis on extra-curricular activities and hobbies.
Thanks to the Internet, here you may find resume maker online or you can freely download simple resume format for fresher and sample resumes easily.
Best Resume Format For Freshers
For those with excellent writing skills, these Simple resume format for freshers in word file serve as a guideline while others can create a great one by simply filling in relevant details, sans altering the language.
You may also download Completed Resume format for fresher/experience in PDF.
Points to Check for Using this Resume Format for Fresher
Before you embark on drafting a resume, either with your skills or using a sample, here are some vital points to remember.
- Include your job objective at the top. This is the key to a successful resume. Some recruiters judge jobseekers based solely on their stated clear career objective before reading further for qualifications.
- Type in fonts that are reader-friendly. Employers do not prefer large, gaudy and hard to read fonts. Though they may appear great on the computer, their appearance can be different in print.
- An ideal and best resume format for freshers should not exceed one-and-half A-4 size page unless merited by the number of achievements and projects.
- Avoid clutter by writing too many words. Provide ample space between sections and use tabulation, where possible.
- Run a spell-check for punctuation and grammatical error.
- Never exaggerate or downplay your achievements.
- Stop sending photocopies of your resume to save costs. Photocopied resumes impart a bad impression.
- Do not speak about remuneration, if any, received during internship or project work, on your resume.
- Ensure that information provided on your resume is valid and provable by an employer, should they decide to run an employee background check that is common nowadays.
- As far as possible, try and avoid mentioning your references in your resume, unless the would-be employer has expressly demanded the information. Instead, you should mention that references can provide them upon request.
This helps you to select from the wide circle of your parents social circle who are best suited to the industry for which you are applying.
Multiple Resumes Advantages
The best way to apply for any job as fresher is to create multiple resumes. This can be done easily by downloading the latest resume format for freshers from the Internet and following the set pattern.
This enables you to send a resume that best suits the profile of your applied job.
It is also important to note what document has an employer sought from job seekers: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Resume or Bio-Data. These are three distinct documents and serve different purposes.
A lot of companies that call for applications from fresher as well as experienced staff are unaware about what document to ask from jobseekers and hence, loosely use the word ‘Resume’.
However, others, especially larger corporations with highly professional human resources managers, will be very specific about the document they require from you along with the application letter.
It is therefore worthwhile to also download sample CVs and Bio-Data and create your own.
Happy Job Hunting
A great looking resume, CV or bio-data increases your chances of getting an interview call.
Psychological research worldwide proves job hunting is one of the most stressful experiences of life for everyone- fresher and experienced.
You can take some bite off this stress by sending an excellent resume that helps you at time of interview with HR and other managers. One way to assess your resume is, have it read by parents and if possible, by an HR manager.
In every probability, they may be able to point out areas where you can fare better by mentioning something you may have overlooked or missed.